Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN ARE YOU OPEN?
Opening Hours during LOCKDOWN 6.0
Mon - Sat: 10am - 5pm for Click&Collect and Delivery (from The Younger Sun)
Sun: 11am - 3pm for Click&Collect ONLY (no deliveries)
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY INFO
CLICK & COLLECT
If your items are in stock, we will put them aside for you to collect the same day (or the next day we are open) during our opening hours from The Younger Sun (26 Murray Street) — no need to wait for notification! If your items are out of stock, please wait for us to contact you.
Please ensure you check-in with the QR code when collecting your order.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY is DAILY (except Sunday and Public Holidays) during Lockdown 6.0 to the following suburbs:
Yarraville and Seddon
Kingsville, Footscray, West Footscray
Spotswood, Newport, South Kingsville, Williamstown
$6.50 Victoria (outside local suburbs listed above): 1-2 weeks.
$10 Interstate: 1-2 weeks.
$15 Express (up to 3kg) (Australia wide): 1-2days.
Free Postage for orders over $120.00 (Australia wide)
International: Price On Application.
Please allow 1 business day additional handling time for express orders and 2 business days for regular postage.
We make every effort to ensure availability shown on the website is accurate, however stock levels can take up to 24hrs to update. Therefore some items showing as available may be out of stock and we will inform you if your order is affected.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING SIGNIFICANT DELAYS WITH "OUT OF STOCK" ITEMS FROM OUR INTERSTATE SUPPLIERS. PLEASE ALLOW 7 - 10 DAYS FOR THESE ITEMS TO ARRIVE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT, PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
Gift Vouchers expire 3 years from date of issue. The expiry date is written on the voucher and will not be extended
Any unused amount after the expiry date will not be refunded or credited
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged or refunded
Lost, damaged or stolen Gift Vouchers will not be replaced or refunded
Physical Gift Vouchers must be presented in store and include their voucher number, value, expiry and issue dates. Incomplete vouchers are considered void and will not be accepted.
Vouchers purchased through our online store will be emailed to the purchaser. The name of the recipient must be included in the notes section at checkout. Digital vouchers are not automatically emailed and can take up to 24 hours to be generated and emailed to the purchaser.
REDEEMING VOUCHERS ONLINE: the online store is currently unable to accept gift vouchers as a payment method. Please contact us via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to redeem.
PURCHASING VOUCHERS ONLINE: a digital version of our gift voucher will be sent to the purchaser. The name of the recipient must be included in the notes section at checkout.
It is your responsibility to make sure correct and clear contact details are provided.
The Sun Bookshop Gift Registry is a curated selection of books chosen by the organiser of the registry after consultation with The Sun and The Younger Sun Bookshop.
A Gift Registry can be set up a minimum of 3 weeks before the cutoff date.
Gift Registries will be on our webshop for a 2 week period prior to the cut off date.
Gift Registries will close 4 days prior to the event date (The Cut Off Date).
Each Gift Registry is assigned a unique code. This code must be included in the notes section at checkout by the purchaser.
- Faulty items can be refunded, exchanged or replaced where proof of purchase is provided.
- We do not refund or exchange damaged items, so please check your items carefully before leaving the store.
- For other items, we are happy to exchange only, within 14 days, where proof of purchase is provided and the goods are in unused, original condition except for the exemptions* below.
- *We do not offer exchanges or refunds on Educational Study Aids, Gift Vouchers, ‘Small Print Local’ books ordered via our website, Special Orders, Calendars or Diaries, Sale or Discounted Items, CDs or DVDs where the seal or packaging is not intact–unless the item is faulty.
- Full prepayment is required on all orders
- We do not offer exchanges or refunds on special orders unless they are faulty
- We do not offer gift exchange cards for special orders, so please choose carefully
- Due to currency fluctuations, prices of some imported titles may change and the quote given at time of order is approximate
- Special orders may be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control such as stock shortages. We endeavor to inform you of delays, but if you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of placing your order, please contact us and we will check the progress of your order.
- To cancel your order, please contact us via phone or email within 24 hours of placing it
- It is your responsibility to make sure your address and contact details are correct when placing your order
- The availability and publication dates on our website are provided by our suppliers and may be subject to printing and publication delays
- By purchasing a voucher or book online and choosing to have your order posted, you agree not to hold The Sun Bookshop liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame. Once items are lodged with Australia Post, The Sun Bookshop cannot be responsible for lost or delayed packages but will endeavour to track orders where possible. If delays are experienced please check in with your local Australia Post office and if your order hasn’t arrived after 3 weeks please contact The Sun Bookshop via (03) 9689 0661 or email@example.com. For more information about deliveries visit Australia Post.