Frequently Asked Questions
Please familiarise yourself with, and adhere to, current restrictions as well as our COVID Safe guidelines before visiting us in store.
WHEN ARE YOU OPEN?
Mon-Sat: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 5.00pm
Closed Public Holidays
Opening Hours Younger Sun
Mon-Fri: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Sat-Sun: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Closed Public Holidays
You can visit us in store, or reach us via PHONE or EMAIL during these hours, or place an ONLINE ORDER any time, 7 days a week and we’ll process it when we’re here next. See below for delivery options.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY INFO
CLICK & COLLECT
If your items are in stock, we will put them aside for you to collect the same day (or the next day we are open) during our opening hours from The Younger Sun (26 Murray Street) — no need to wait for notification! If your items are out of stock, please wait for us to contact you.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY will be once a week on WEDNESDAY to the following suburbs:
Yarraville and Seddon
Kingsville, Footscray, West Footscray
Spotswood, Newport, South Kingsville, Williamstown
$5 Victoria (outside local suburbs listed above): 1-2 weeks.
$10 Interstate: 1-2 weeks.
$15 Express (Australia wide): 1-2days.
Please allow 1 business day additional handling time for express orders and 2 business days for regular postage for us to package and take your items to the post office.
We make every effort to ensure availability shown on the website is accurate, however stock levels can take up to 24hrs to update. Therefore some items showing as available may be out of stock and we will inform you if your order is affected.
Event tickets purchased through our webshop (not via EventBrite) must be purchased for each attendee. The names of each attendee must be included in the notes section at checkout. Cancellation of tickets purchased through our webshop must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the event date.
Cornershop Conversations Event tickets also require any dietary requirements to be listed in the notes section along with the attendees name.
Gift Vouchers expire 3 years from date of issue. The expiry date is written on the voucher and will not be extended
Any unused amount after the expiry date will not be refunded or credited
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged or refunded
Lost, damaged or stolen Gift Vouchers will not be replaced or refunded
Physical Gift Vouchers must be presented in store and include their voucher number, value, expiry and issue dates. Incomplete vouchers are considered void and will not be accepted.
Vouchers purchased through our online store will be emailed to the purchaser. The name of the recipient must be included in the notes section at checkout. Digital vouchers are not automatically emailed and can take up to 24 hours to be generated and emailed to the purchaser.
REDEEMING VOUCHERS ONLINE: the online store is currently unable to accept gift vouchers as a payment method. Please contact us via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to redeem.
PURCHASING VOUCHERS ONLINE: a digital version of our gift voucher will be sent to the purchaser. The name of the recipient must be included in the notes section at checkout.
It is your responsibility to make sure correct and clear contact details are provided.
- Faulty items can be refunded, exchanged or replaced where proof of purchase is provided.
- We do not refund or exchange damaged items, so please check your items carefully before leaving the store.
- For other items, we are happy to exchange only, within 14 days, where proof of purchase is provided and the goods are in unused, original condition except for the exemptions* below.
- *We do not offer exchanges or refunds on Educational Study Aids, Gift Vouchers, ‘Small Print Local’ books ordered via our website, Special Orders, Calendars or Diaries, Sale or Discounted Items, CDs or DVDs where the seal or packaging is not intact–unless the item is faulty.
- Full prepayment is required on all orders
- We do not offer exchanges or refunds on special orders unless they are faulty
- We do not offer gift exchange cards for special orders, so please choose carefully
- Due to currency fluctuations, prices of some imported titles may change and the quote given at time of order is approximate
- Special orders may be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control such as stock shortages. We endeavor to inform you of delays, but if you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of placing your order, please contact us and we will check the progress of your order.
- To cancel your order, please contact us via phone or email within 24 hours of placing it
- It is your responsibility to make sure your address and contact details are correct when placing your order
- The availability and publication dates on our website are provided by our suppliers and may be subject to printing and publication delays
- By purchasing a voucher or book online and choosing to have your order posted, you agree not to hold The Sun Bookshop liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame. Once items are lodged with Australia Post, The Sun Bookshop cannot be responsible for lost or delayed packages but will endeavour to track orders where possible. If delays are experienced please check in with your local Australia Post office and if your order hasn’t arrived after 3 weeks please contact The Sun Bookshop via (03) 9689 0661 or email@example.com. For more information about deliveries visit Australia Post.